Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Holy Sheet, I'm a Triathlete!

On a stormy and windy day in the small, quiet town of La Quinta, CA, I swam 3/4 of a mile (28min), biked 24 miles (1hr, 49 min) and ran 6 miles (1hr, 22 min) in one day to officially become an International-distance Triathlete! It was a challenge going through the day without knowing what to expect or if I'd even finish, but now that the anxiety of the day has subsided, and I didn't have nagging sore muscles, I'm excited at the possibility of doing more! The idea that I only have 6 weeks left til I do one twice as big freaks the padded tri pants off me, but I'm excited to do more of the same size on the other end of this Ironteam experience.

I will have a full Triathlon experience email (which may take you as long to read as it took me to do!) with TONS of photos coming soon!

We are now in the final stages of training where things are speeding up and stacking up! Every day except Friday, the day before our long workouts, we are working out with not one, but two sports a day! You're probably thinking "Hey, at least you get Friday to relax and party with friends!" Nope, Fridays are my day to stay up and worry about Saturday's workout - as if the worrying I already did since Wed or Thurs of the week wasn't quite enough. "Saturday night?!" Nope, I'm usually so exhausted that I fall into a sleep coma by 9pm.

Last week when I was working a Century bicycle ride, I did hear a tip that if you do one shot of Tequila Friday night then it takes the edge off enough so ou can sleep but not drain your energy the next day. Problem is... Who can stop at just 1?

So I'm a Triathlete! I never til last year even considered the possibility and now look what I've done! It feels amazing to have helped myself get to this point but even more amazing to be helping others with m fundraising! I'm still a ways away from my goal so for any of you with that Jog-a-thon mentality that will only donate after I do my "laps" - I did it!! Every single dollar helps, so please donate!

If you want me to do the triathlon in someone's honor I will put their name on my body for race day!! Thanks all!!

2 comments:

  1. please remember Liam on race day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Diane, I will! Feel free to share more of his story in his honor!

    ReplyDelete